Salmon is a very nutritious and versatile fish that can be prepared in many different ways. Many people think that the finest part of the salmon is the salmon back, which we agree with. Salmon back is so fine that it can be eaten both raw and cooked.
Here we give suggestions for a recipe for salmon back in the oven that is as simple as it is good. Perfect for dinners with family and friends.
- 1 salmon loin (approx. 1 kg)
- 1 citron
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper
Prepare the salmon loin by removing any bones and skin. Then put it in a baking dish.
Squeeze the juice from the lemon over the salmon back. Sprinkle chopped dill and salt and pepper to taste.
Cut the butter into small pieces and place them over the salmon back.
Place the salmon back in the oven and bake it for 20-25 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius, until it is cooked through and has a golden surface.
Take the salmon back out of the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
Cut the salmon into slices and serve with boiled potatoes or roasted root vegetables and a fresh salad.
- For an extra tasty salmon loin, you can add a clove of garlic or some grated ginger to the butter before putting it on the salmon.
- To prevent the salmon from drying out, you can cover it with aluminum foil during baking.
- If you want a crispy surface on the salmon, you can set the oven to the grill function at the end of baking to get a finer color.
Salmon back is a simple, but delicious dish that can be prepared in different ways. This recipe gives you a flavorful and juicy salmon loin that is perfect for a festive meal or a simple dinner. With a few simple ingredients and steps, you can enjoy this healthy and delicious fish dish.
If you're missing salmon roe in the freezer, you can easily order it from us at Vasafiskerian. Our salmon back has become a customer favorite thanks to its exceptionally high quality.